Via the Newlands Resident’s Association and Gill Lanham, good news for those of us who don’t enjoy or don’t have time for call centres — you can now log service requests and maintenance issues/complaints directly on the city’s website. Here’s how:
- Visit the council web site at www.capetown.gov.za.
- Click ‘Service Requests’ in the main menu on the left of the page. A new window opens… ‘Welcome to Service Requests’. Follow the prompts.
- Select the ‘nature of your request’ from the comprehensive dropdown lists (‘Group’ then ‘Service’).
- Find the location on a map or type in the address
- Describe the service required, issue or complaint.
- Attach supporting documents and photographs if applicable.