Weekly report from Jonathan Hobday – note the theft from the Woolies parking lot, it’s maybe not as safe as we like to think:
Thefts from cars were the main feature of crime in our precinct last week (August 20-26), with seven cars broken into and one attempted break-in. The reported incidents were as follows:
- On Monday night, in Bridge Street, in Heath Road (attempted) and in the Woolworths car-park in Klipfontein Road;
- On Tuesday afternoon in Eike Road, Sybrand Park;
- On Friday evening in Twickenham Road and in Roxana Road, Little Mowbray;
- On Friday night in Long Street; and
- On Saturday night in Balfour Road.
No cars were stolen.
There was one reported house-breaking – at 7 Park Road (Rosebank).
One person was mugged, in Kew Road, Little Mowbray.