Jonathan Hobday’s weekly report for March 25 – April 1:
- The Chinese takeaway was hit by a number of gunmen late on Sunday (about 10.30pm after the Fat Cactus had closed) and cash and cellphones taken from the unfortunate staff.
- There was one mugging – on the train on Wednesday evening – but the alleged knifeman has been arrested.
- There was one date-rape in a flat in Station Road.
- There were two house-breakings – on Friday at a flat at Matopo on the UCT campus; and on Wednesday at 21 Strathallen Road in Park Estate, when liquor, a bike and toolbox were stolen.
- There were two vehicle thefts – a car taken from Hornsey Road on Saturday (an old Mazda 323); and a scooter taken from Guildford Road on Sunday (later recovered in Obs).
- There were two thefts from cars – in Ayres Street on Monday evening; and in Rose Street on Thursday night.
- There were also five attempted car break-ins – in Broad Road on Monday morning; at Rondebosch Medical Centre in Klipfontein Road on Monday night; in Bloemendal Road on Tuesday morning; in Selby Road on Thursday morning; and in Bushwood Road on Saturday night.
- A women was arrested on Monday night for causing malicious damage to property by throwing a rock at a car in Klipfontein Road.