The Santa Shoebox project needs 70,000 gift boxes this year for children in care homes, creches, educares and places of safety around the country. It’s a wonderful giving project to do with your own children, grandchildren, students or the child next door. If you’d like to donate a box to a child who may not get any other Christmas presents, you can sign up here. You can even choose the age and gender of the child you would like to give to.
Each shoebox should contain:
- Something to love: An age-appropriate toy (but no guns).
- Something to do: Educational supplies
- Something to use: A toothbrush and toothpaste, a bar of wrapped soap and a washcloth.
- Something to wear: An outfit of clothing.
- Something to eat: Sweets (not chocolates because they melt) with a sell-by date of at least March next year.